EXAM – As I continue my quest to install security cameras around my home, a big part of the project is making sure there are no blind spots. Now keep in mind that I live in one of the safest neighborhoods in my country, at least according to statistics. So my obsession with cameras comes solely from my tech-savvy side. As I continue my corny quest, let’s take a look at the Blurams Wire-Free 2K Security Camera.
What is that?
Blurams Wire-Free 2K Security Camera features Wi-Fi connection design with 5200mAh large battery and standby time about 3-5 months. It provides 2K 3MP ultra-HD high-resolution video and comes with free lifetime 24-hour cloud event recording. The optional Bluram cloud service extends video recording history up to 15 days or 60 days. This way motion/sound triggered video clips will be stored longer. (*SD card is not supported) Works with Google Assistant and Alexa.
What’s in the box
1 x Blurams 2K Wireless Camera with Stand
1 x solar panel with bracket
2 x hardware mounting packs
1 x micro USB charging cable
1 user manual
Design and features
- Indoor/outdoor versatility and battery power
- 2K resolution and color night vision
- IP66 weatherproof
- Intelligent human and PIR detection
- Siren and flashing alarm
Blurams Wire-Free 2K Security Camera body and solar panel are mainly made of plastic. The following photos show the design and parts:
Photos of the solar panel
As with any wireless camera, the first task is to charge it. The Blurams Wire-Free 2K Security Camera has an LED that is red when charging and green when fully charged.
Once the Blurams Wire-Free 2K Security Camera was fully charged, I moved on to adding the mounts to both the camera and the solar panel.
After that, I mounted the camera. In my case, to a tree.
Here are some screenshots of the app:
Here are some of the things you can do with the app:
- Press to wake up the camera: In order to save battery power, the camera will only record motion/human triggered videos. However, you can manually activate the camera to view the live stream and save it as a video clip. The video recording duration can be chosen between 30 seconds, 1 min, 5 min or continuous.
- Flexible detection distance: Adjust the detection distance to 1m, 2m or 3m in the Blurams app. The camera may frequently alert you if you set a “far” range. Otherwise, a smaller detection range will reduce push notifications.
- Enhanced notification: Notifications triggered by the human form will be accompanied by an image. Users do not need to unlock the phone to see who is there.
- Activity area: Customize a specific area where the camera will send you notifications when detecting motions/humans. Reduce the receipt of unnecessary alerts.
- Siren and flashing alarm: Not only can you intimidate suspicious intruders with bright LED lights, but you can also scare them away with a loud, noticeable siren alarm.
Here is the quality of the images:
Overall, I really like the Blurams Wire-Free 2K Security Camera and Solar Panel Combination. Setup was quick and easy and the app understands enough without being bloated with unnecessary stuff. the camera is responsive and the image quality is excellent. So far, I’m not getting any false alerts.
What I like
- The compact size
- Solar panel included
- The image quality it produces
- Ease of setup
What I would change
I really like the Blurams Wire-Free 2K Security Camera, the features it offers and the image quality it produces. I will eventually move it to a permanent position once the tree it is screwed into is cut down (the tree is old and poses a risk to my house in the event of a heavy storm). The fact that the solar panel is included is great and the connectivity and setup is quick and easy. I give the Blurams Wire-Free 2K Security Camera a thumbs up and two thumbs up!!
Or buy: Blurams and Amazon site (not include solar panel)
Source: The sample for this review was provided by Blurams.